Learning PowerShell – Homework Three Answers
PowerShell Homework Three
By: Steven Aiello
Answer the questions as best as possible in your own words. By answering the question in your own words you will learn more than simply repeating what you’ve heard. You are encouraged to visit the source links in the lessons to do more research on the subject.
Remember the point of the homework is not simply to finish, but to learn!
1. What is a system service?
A system service is a program that does not generally run interactively with the user.
2. What is a system process?
A process is a piece of code currently in memory
3. List three system processes that are running on your system using PowerShell.
(This will be different on your computer than mine)
4. What is the basic syntax of PowerShell commands?
The basic syntax of PowerShell statements are verb-syntax for example “Get-Process”
5. How can we search for a command that has to do with users?
You can use the “Get-Help users” command which will display a long list of cmdlets that have to do with users.
6. What will we have to do if we want to save our scripts and run them at a later date?
7. How can you see a list of examples for your chosen PowerShell commands?